Campus Access and Services
In order to keep students and designated employees on campus safe, many facilities will be closed and services will be provided remotely or through limited in-person appointments. For those services that are open for limited in-person use, plexiglass barriers, technology for ordering, extended vending and sanitation protocols will be in place.
Pin code access to all RISD buildings has been deactivated for the duration of the semester. Academic buildings will officially open for on-campus courses on September 17. Students may not access academic buildings before then without specific permission.
Appointment/Line Management App
Schedule appointments at key service points using the QLess app (download or access via the MyRISD app). You’ll receive text updates on your status and can reschedule/adjust appointments.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
All regular appointments with Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) will be through tele-counseling and can be made by calling 401-454-6637 or emailing email@example.com. Students can also access a crisis counselor 24/7 to support mental health emergencies by calling 401-454-6637.
Disability Support Services
Student Health Services
Student Health Services will institute a hybrid model of in-person and tele-health services. The daily walk-in clinic will be unavailable and all students must speak with a nurse before coming in. Appointments can be made by calling 401-454-6625. A separate respiratory clinic will be housed in Thompson House for students exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
RISD Store, 3D Store, RISD Mailroom
These and other public-facing facilities will be open and will follow protocols established by the state of Rhode Island for businesses, which include technology for ordering and queuing, sanitation practices and plexiglass barriers.
Student Financial Services
- All passengers and drivers will wear face coverings and all vehicles shall be cleaned and maintained by First Student Transit.
- RISD Rides will not be utilized to transport:
- passengers to COVID testing sites
- passengers who are sick or exhibiting symptoms
- Students should contact Health Services and staff or faculty should contact their own health care provider for medical advice or instructions. For medical emergencies, please contact the Department of Public Safety at 401-453-6666.
- Request a ride through my.risd.edu on a desktop or download the My RISD app on your mobile device or call 401-427-6915. Learn more.