Spring Campus Access
Pin code access to all RISD buildings has been deactivated for the duration of the semester. Academic buildings will officially open for on-campus courses on March 1, 2021. Students may not access academic buildings before then without specific permission.
Eligibility for access to campus will be more restrictive than the fall semester in anticipation of an increase in positive COVID cases during the spring semester.
- STUDENTS: All students except those authorized for remote learning
- FACULTY: Only faculty teaching a spring 2021 course or on sabbatical
- STAFF: Only designated staff, including mail-pickup designees
In order to keep students and designated employees on campus safe, many facilities will be closed and services will be provided remotely or through limited in-person appointments. For those services that are open for limited in-person use, plexiglass barriers, technology for ordering, extended vending and sanitation protocols will be in place.
Learn about Academic Support Services
Appointment/Line Management App
Schedule appointments at key service points using the QLess app
(download or access via the MyRISD app
). You’ll receive text updates on your status and can reschedule/adjust appointments.
is only available remotely
and can be accessed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or calling 401-454-6664
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
All regular appointments with Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
will be through tele-counseling
and can be made by calling 401-454-6637
or emailing email@example.com
. Students can also access a crisis counselor 24/7 to support mental health emergencies by calling 401-454-6637
Disability Support Services
All Disability Support Services
resources will be delivered remotely
. You may schedule a virtual meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or calling 401-709-8465
The Fitness Center
will remain closed
, but the Center for Student Involvement will provide virtual fitness programming
throughout the semester.
Student Health Services
Student Health Services
will institute a hybrid model of in-person and tele-health services. The daily walk-in clinic will be unavailable and all students must speak with a nurse before coming in.
Appointments can be made by calling 401-454-6625
. A separate respiratory clinic will be housed in Thompson House for students exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
will be open remotely
through the summer. For assistance please email email@example.com
or call 401-454-6151
RISD Store, 3D Store, RISD Mailroom
These and other public-facing facilities will be open
and will follow protocols established by the state of Rhode Island for businesses, which include technology for ordering and queuing, sanitation practices and plexiglass barriers.
Student Financial Services
Student Financial Services will operating remotely
throughout the spring 2020 semester. Students can set up ZOOM appointments to meet with staff through QLESS on the MyRISD app. Students can also reach the SFS office by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Employment will be operating remotely as well, but with in-person appointments available for I9 processing. Students can make an appointment through QLESS on the MyRISD app. Student Employment can also be reached at email@example.com
- All passengers and drivers will wear face coverings and all vehicles shall be cleaned and maintained by First Student Transit.
- RISD Rides will not be utilized to transport:
- passengers to COVID testing sites
- passengers who are sick or exhibiting symptoms
- Students should contact Health Services and staff or faculty should contact their own health care provider for medical advice or instructions. For medical emergencies, please contact the Department of Public Safety at 401-453-6666.
- Request a ride through my.risd.edu on a desktop or download the My RISD app on your mobile device or call 401-427-6915. Learn more.