RISD’s residential campus is easily accessible to visitors through multiple points of entry/access. RISD will limit unnecessary visits from outside the community to help reduce health risks while continuing daily operations and upholding RISD’s long-standing role in serving the general public, particularly through its museum, library and stores.
Screening, social distancing, and face covering protocols should be observed where virtual meetings with visitors are not possible. Visits must be coordinated by a RISD host, sponsor, or contact, who will be responsible for making them aware of campus protocols.
Meetings and Academic Guests
- Access to instructional spaces, residences and office spaces at RISD will be limited to students, staff and faculty. All academic visits to campus must be postponed or shifted to an online format, including guest crits and lectures.
- RISD employees should encourage all visitors to instructional spaces, offices, or residences to meet remotely wherever possible, unless there is an essential need for the visitor to attend campus.
Contractors and Deliveries
- Outside contractors must coordinate with their RISD contact. Details, including planned building entrances, work areas, work times, and PPE plans, must be provided to RISD by the contractor in advance. Information shall be shared with Facilities.
- Individuals making brief deliveries (FedEx, W.B. Mason, etc.) may enter campus without screening, as long as they have followed their own companies’ protocols for screening and personal protection.
Friends and Family
- Any local visitor who is not from the RISD community (including family and friends) should be met outside and not brought into RISD buildings unless there is a clear need, in which case they should follow all screening, social distancing and PPE protocol (mask, gloves, etc.).
- Spaces that are specifically open to the general public, such as the RISD Museum, Fleet Library, and the RISD Store, will follow guidance from the State of Rhode Island, adding any additional measures deemed appropriate to their specific staffing or conditions.
- Tillinghast Place remains closed until further notice but when it reopens, visitors should practice social distancing and wear masks when using the outdoor spaces.
RISD community members are empowered to respectfully and professionally remind on-campus visitors of social distancing and face mask requirements, and should contact Public Safety in the event visitors refuse to comply with RISD policy or the laws of Rhode Island. Visitors who do not comply with the RISD policy or the laws of Rhode Island will be required to leave RISD property.