Social Equity and Inclusion
RISD’s COVID-response planning has embedded diversity, equity and inclusion within all policies, plans, and communications. Our planning efforts also incorporate how RISD can acknowledge and address the effects of the disparate impact of COVID-19 on different communities, specifically through the following means:
- Continue to maintain the Student Emergency Fund for students who have unanticipated short and long-term financial challenges as a result of COVID-19.
- Establish a formal bias reporting structure and mechanism to support communities who may experience an increase in bias.
- Educate faculty on the varying home-life situations that students face and ensure accommodation of those realities should remote teaching continue.
- Educate administrative managers on the varying home-life situations that employees face and ensure accommodation of those realities should remote working continue
- Offer programming, especially around inclusion and community-building for new students, first-generation students and students from historically marginalized groups.
- Educate the entire RISD community about the systems and structures that created the context for the disparate impact of COVID-19.