Employees and students must follow Rhode Island State Travel Guidelines for international and domestic travel.
RISD-sponsored travel includes all travel funded directly by RISD, and all travel affiliated with a RISD program even if funded by others. These policies are subject to change based on evolving, site-specific health-safety conditions domestically and globally.
- RISD-sponsored domestic travel is permitted. Course field trips are allowed, but all participants must continue to follow RISD protocol, including indoor mask wearing.
- RISD-sponsored international travel is not permitted and will be supported only in exceptional circumstances.
- Exceptions require advance approval by either the Provost or the SVP of Finance & Administration/Interim President.
- Wintersession travel courses are canceled for AY 2021–22.
- In lieu of travel courses, RISD global may offer international online course alternatives.
- The European Honors Program (EHP) is suspended for Spring 2022, while RISD addresses and implements recommended improvements to the program.
- During the program’s operational pause, RISD plans to offer alternative opportunities through companion university art and design programs in Italy. Details forthcoming.
© RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN