Employee Health Coordinator
Karen Chase, NP and former member of RISD Health Services, will serve as RISD’s Employee Health Coordinator, serving as the point person for managers and supervisors with non-student, COVID-related questions or challenges. Karen will also answer questions related to daily screening from all employees.
- All employees returning to campus will be tested. This will be a self-collected swab of the “anterior nares” (the inside of the nostril tip) with a medical provider present in case of any questions or concerns. The test will be covered by RISD.
- Employees who participate in baseline testing will be part of the ongoing surveillance testing, which will account for 10 percent of the population every two weeks. These tests will be covered by RISD.
- Employees can opt to receive their baseline/arrival test offsite provided they do so between August 19–September 16. Employees who live outside a 75 miles radius of campus will be reimbursed up to $50 if they choose to receive a test off-campus. Tests taken outside this period will not satisfy RISD’s arrival/baseline protocols.
- Employees should contact their primary care provider and get tested at a RI State testing site closest to them if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the virus.
Employee Contact Tracing
- RISD will work with the RI Department of Health in any contact tracing effort.
- Employees are expected to use Crush COVID RI contact tracing app or perform daily journaling.
- RISD will notify community members who had close contact or shared common space with the infected person. Notification of contacts will not disclose the infected individual’s identity without their consent.
Employee Isolation and Quarantine
- Employees must report their confirmed or presumptive cases of COVID-19 to RISD Human Resources.
- Employees who have contracted COVID-19 should not report to work on campus until they have been approved to return to campus following a 14-day quarantine period, or other period required by law.
- Employees experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 should not report to work on campus. RISD does not provide medical advice or diagnosis, and employees who are experiencing symptoms should consult with their health provider.
- RISD has expanded leave benefits to include COVID-19-related illness for the benefit of employees during this period.