Employee Safety Requirements
- RISD will support physical distancing by putting into place extensive physical distancing protocol including space configuration, visual cues and signage, and management of egress and flow patterns.
- Employees must perform physical distancing (staying six feet or more apart)
- Employees must hold meetings using videoconferencing technology wherever possible, and use physical meeting spaces that allow for physical distancing where videoconferencing is not possible.
Meetings and Visitors
- RISD employees should encourage all visitors to instructional spaces, offices, or residences to meet virtually wherever possible, unless there is an essential need for the visitor to visit campus.
- RISD will limit unnecessary visits from outside the community to help reduce health risks while continuing daily operations.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Employees must maintain clean personal workspaces by wiping down work areas, shared equipment and following other department-specific protocols.
- Sanitizer stations have been placed around campus, and sanitizer wipe dispensers will be installed/available next to public workstations.
- RISD Employees must practice safe hygiene, including hand washing, cleaning personal workspaces, cleaning common use equipment such as shared printers.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Employees must wear face coverings at all times indoors and outdoors, even when performing physical distancing.
- Employees are empowered to respectfully speak out and correct other employees and visitors who violate these policies.
- Employees should contact Public Safety if visitors refuse to wear face coverings or practice physical distancing after reminders.